Trade and Quotas
Market data on national and European agriculture provided by the European Commission's agricultural and rural development department. Browse visualisations about imports, exports, prices and production.
Trade and Quotas
Agricultural products provide an important positive contribution to the EU trade balance. Under the Customs Union, Member States report on all goods imported into, and exported from, the European Union. Some products are subject to quotas, which means that reduced tariff rates apply up to a fixed amount of goods imported. Depending on the product quota may be allocated proportionally, or on a first-come-first-served basis. More information on Tariff rate quotas can be found here.
BREXIT TRQs APPORTIONMENT AS FROM 1 JANUARY 2021
The Commission has published a table covering the apportionment of tariff rate quotas for certain agricultural products included in the WTO schedule of the Union, following the end of the transition period concerning the United Kingdom’s relationship with the Union. The table concerns the apportionment of TRQs whose quota period is ongoing on 1 January 2021 in accordance with Article 1(3) of Regulation (EU) 2019/386 as amended by Regulation (EU) 2020/2099 of 15 December 2020. The table published follows the methodology laid down in Article 1 of Regulation (EU) 2019/216 of the European Parliament and of the Council providing that the said tariff rate quotas included in the Union's schedule of concessions and commitments annexed to the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994 are to be apportioned between the Union and the United Kingdom based on the EU-27 share in the quota usage set out in the Annex to that Regulation. TRQ Apportionment
- Imports - A large multi-lingual PDF file reporting on import quota allocation per “order number”, including allocation coefficients to be applied for the issuing of import licences.
“Automatic suspension” indicates the suspension of the reference quantity requirement in accordance with Article 9(8) of Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/760.
“Manual suspension” indicates the suspension of the reference quantity requirement based on Article 9(9) of Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/760.
- Exports - A PDF file reporting on export quota allocation for Milk and Milk products.
- Latest - dynamic tabular representation of recent import quota allocations.
- All - dynamic tabular representation of import quota allocations going back as far as 2007 but including recent data.
- Graphs - graphical representation of import quota allocations.
- View by origin - pivot table representation of the quota by origin
- View by product - pivot table representation of the quota by product.