The Common Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (CMEF) for the CAP 2014-2020 identifies a set of performance indicators in four categories:
context, output, result, and impact. The indicators are combined with further information (such as on trade and quality schemes) into 13 thematic presentations at EU and Member States level. Context indicators provide information on agricultural and rural statistics as well as general economic and environmental trends.
Some of this information drills down to regional level (NUTS 2-3).
Are you making intensive use of our data and searching for a “Machine to Machine” interface?
Here's how our Application Programming Interface (API) works: API Documentation
Financing the CAP
CAP expenditure over time and distribution by main CAP instruments.
Farming Income Support
Distribution of income support and share in farming income.
Jobs and Growth in Rural Areas
GDP, incomes, employment in agriculture and poverty rates in rural areas.
EU agri-food trade in context and elements of EU competitiveness.
Focus on the value added in agriculture including EU quality schemes and producer organisations.
Indicators describing agricultural productivity, with an emphasis on rural development support.
Environment and Climate Action
Summary of EU expenditures devoted to environment and main land use indicators.
Climate Change and Air Quality
GHG and ammonia emissions from agriculture and CAP measures contribution to climate action.
An overview of organic areas and producers, including specific CAP support.
Water Quality and Availability
Pressures on water (quality and quantity) and CAP contribution to improved water management.
Mapping of soil conditions and CAP contribution to soil quality preservation.
Overview on biodiversity monitoring and CAP contribution to biodiversity protection.
Food and Health Quality Protection
Indicators on plant protection products, antimicrobials and animal welfare.
- C13 Employment by economic activity
- C14 Labour productivity in agriculture
- C15 Labour productivity in forestry
- C16 Labour productivity in the food industry
- C17 Agricultural holdings (farms)
- C18 Agricultural area
- C19 Agricultural area under organic farming
- C20 Irrigated / Irrigable landNEW
- C21 Livestock units
- C22 Farm labour force
- C23 Age structure of farm managers
- C24 Agricultural training of farm managers
- C25 Agricultural factor income (*)
- C26 Agricultural entrepreneurial income (*)
- C27 Total factor productivity in agriculture (*)
- C28 Gross fixed capital formation in agriculture
- C29 Forest and other wooded land (FOWL)
- C30 Tourism infrastructure
- C31 Land cover
- C32 Areas facing natural and other specific constraints (ANCs)
- C33 Farming intensity
- C34 Natura 2000 areas
- C35 Farmland birds index (FBI) (*)
- C36 Conservation status of agricultural habitats (grassland)
- C37 HNV (high nature value) farming (*)
- C38 Protected forest
- C39 Water abstraction in agriculture /WEI+(*)NEW
- C40 Water quality (*)
- C41 Soil organic matter in arable land (*)
- C42 Soil erosion by water (*)
- C43 Production of renewable energy from agriculture and forestry
- C44 Energy use in agriculture, forestry and food industry
- C45 Emissions from agriculture / GHG per LSU & GHG per ha (*)NEW
- C47 Sales/Use of antimicrobials in food producing animals (*)NEW
- C48 Risk, use and impacts of pesticides (*)NEW
Context indicators that incorporate CAP impact indicators are marked with an asterisk (*)